Pacific Alliance trade pact aims to build regional value chains

May 3, 2016

The Pacific Alliance free trade agreement eliminates member countries’ tariffs on 92% of imports and exports with the aim of developing regional value chains. The free trade agreement for the regional bloc which includes Peru, Chile, Colombia and Mexico took effect on May 1. The remaining 8% of tariffs will enjoy a grace period to be phased out over the next three to 17 years.

Read Full Article: Link


Topics: IMPORT TARIFFS MARKET ACCESS REGIONAL INTEGRATION GLOBAL VALUE CHAINS (GVCS)

Regions: CHILE COLOMBIA MEXICO PERU ASIA-PACIFIC

Authors: PERU REPORTS

RTA

In Other News

APEC Leaders Debate Approach to Trade Tensions, WTO Issues at Port Moresby Summit

November 22, 2018

Leaders from 21 Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) economies wrapped up their annual summit this past weekend in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea, tackling a host of subjects relating to region...READ MORE

EU, South Africa Discuss Options for Closer Economic Ties at Presidential Summit

November 22, 2018

South African leaders met with their European counterparts in Brussels for a presidential summit on 15 November to discuss future opportunities for cooperation, including on economic issues. Discus...READ MORE